About Lawrence C. Kibet
Lawrence C. Kibet
Chief Executive Officer
Lawrence Kibet is currently the Chief Executive Officer Image Registrars Kenya. Lawrence has had 9 years working experience in his career stint in various capacities and different locations. He was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Image Registrars in September 2012 with responsibility for the overall growth and development of the firm’s business within the region.
Prior to his appointment as CEO, Lawrence worked as the Operations and Business Development Director for the firm responsible for leading and coordinating delivery of strategic and operating plans for the firm, in a way that enabled the firm implement its strategic and growth agenda within the region.
Mr. Kibet is an experienced management executive with a strong practical experience in handling public securities offers, data processing and database management, transaction advisory services, shareholder registration, polling management, register compilation and verification. Strong background in all aspects of strategy and business development, human resources management and development, competency review, policy and product design.
He also has a working experience in corporate Finance, Accounting, Transaction Advisory and Risk Management gained over the last nine years of practice
He played a major role in the past capital Markets Offers undertaken by the firm e.g. KenGen, Eveready, Safaricom, KenGen Infrastructure Bond, British American Investment Company Initial Public Offerings.
Prior to joining Image Registrars, Mr. Kibet previously worked for Uchumi Supermarkets and Electoral Commission of Kenya.
He has a wide experience in elections and poll management, and has facilitated corporate polls for listed and non-listed companies during Annual General Meetings. He also served the country’s electoral Commission in past assignments.
He has also undertaken marketing feasibility, Operational roll out studies particularly for retail and distribution chains, Business planning, managing operational effectiveness, strategy implementation, Business Risk Analysis and Project Management.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Nairobi
- Certificate in Investor Relations
- Certified Public Secretary (Kenya)
- Post Graduate Diploma, Kenya School of Law
- MBA, Operations Management, University of Nairobi Business School.
- Certified Public Accountants (Kenya)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) in Finance University of Nairobi, Kenya
Membership of Professional Associations:
Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Investor Relations Society (UK), Institute of Directors (IOD) Kenya, Operations Management Society of Kenya (OMSK) and Institute of Public Policy (USA).
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) 22nd Economic Symposium – February 2014
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) 18th Executive Retreat – November 2013
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) and Capital Markets Authority in the ICPSK/CMA Conference for County Governments – October 2013
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring Training by Leadergen – June 2013
- Capital Markets Authority Workshop for the Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), the Police and other Law Enforcement Agencies – October 2012
- Capital Markets Authority, USAID and US Securities and Exchange Commission in the Regional Corporate Governance and Disclosure Conference – July 2012
- Five – day Corporate Governance Training Course for Directors organised by the Centre for Corporate Governance – March 2012
- Seminar on Management of Meetings and Effective Minutes Writing and Follow –up for Actions by the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) and the Institutional Consultants Ltd (ICL) – March 2010
- 8th Strathmore University ICT Conference on Managing and Measuring ICT in Business and Education – September 2007