Safaricom Dividend MPESA Payment Option Information
If you are a Safaricom shareholder and wish to receive your dividend payment by M-PESA, then please register. To do so, send an SMS to 534 in the following format: ID Number*CDS account number. You will receive an SMS confirming registration. You can also register by dialing *534# and following the instructions.
Registration opens on Thursday 11th August, 2011 and closes on Friday 23rd September, 2011.
The Safaricom dividend payment via M-PESA option is applicable to local individual shareholders only; partnerships and companies are not eligible. This is an optional service. Dividends that qualify to be paid using M-PESA will be subject to the prevailing M-PESA charges and transaction limits.
Shareholders MUST register again, even if they had registered last year, to receive dividends through M-PESA.
For more details, visit any Safaricom Shop or M-PESA Agent Outlet countrywide.
Register with either your ID or Passport number, depending on what you used to open your CDS account. Registration is FREE. If you have a share certificate and wish to receive your dividends via M-PESA, kindly contact Image Registrars on: 0724 699667, 020-2230330/2246449/2212965.
Benefits of Registering with M-PESA
1. Convenient: Your dividend is credited to your M-PESA account immediately the payment process begins. Money will be available for use immediately.
2. Affordable: You will not be charged for receiving dividends into your M-PESA account, hence giving you more value for your money.
3. Fast: You need not go through the lengthy process of waiting for your cheque in the mail, depositing it into your bank account and waiting for clearance.
4. Safe: Chances of errors, in terms of wrong names, addresses, bank account number or lost cheques are greatly reduced.
Normal M-PESA charges applicable for withdrawals, sending money and pay bill transactions.
To receive dividend via M-PESA, a shareholder will be required to be:
1. An M-PESA registered customer.
2. A local individual Investor. (Corporate & foreign investors not eligible for
3. Receiving a dividend payment of not more than KShs.70,000.