Safaricom Dividend MPESA Payment Option Information

If you are a Safaricom shareholder and wish to receive your dividend payment by M-PESA, then please register. To do so, send an SMS to 534 in the following format: ID Number*CDS account number. You will receive an SMS confirming registration. You can also register by dialing *534# and following the instructions.

Registration opens on Thursday 11th August, 2011 and closes on Friday 23rd September, 2011.

The Safaricom dividend payment via M-PESA option is applicable to local individual shareholders only; partnerships and companies are not eligible. This is an optional service. Dividends that qualify to be paid using M-PESA will be subject to the prevailing M-PESA charges and transaction limits.
Shareholders MUST register again, even if they had registered last year, to receive dividends through M-PESA.

For more details, visit any Safaricom Shop or M-PESA Agent Outlet countrywide.
Register with either your ID or Passport number, depending on what you used to open your CDS account. Registration is FREE. If you have a share certificate and wish to receive your dividends via M-PESA, kindly contact Image Registrars on: 0724 699667, 020-2230330/2246449/2212965.

Benefits of Registering with M-PESA
1. Convenient: Your dividend is credited to your M-PESA account immediately the payment process begins. Money will be available for use immediately.
2. Affordable: You will not be charged for receiving dividends into your M-PESA account, hence giving you more value for your money.
3. Fast: You need not go through the lengthy process of waiting for your cheque in the mail, depositing it into your bank account and waiting for clearance.
4. Safe: Chances of errors, in terms of wrong names, addresses, bank account number or lost cheques are greatly reduced.
Normal M-PESA charges applicable for withdrawals, sending money and pay bill transactions.

Registration Requirements
To receive dividend via M-PESA, a shareholder will be required to be:
1. An M-PESA registered customer.
2. A local individual Investor. (Corporate & foreign investors not eligible for
M-PESA payments.)
3. Receiving a dividend payment of not more than KShs.70,000.

william kangethe on 10/18/2013 3:39:10 PM says:

i had received the first dividends through cheques but have never cashed them as i was away .How do i get now that am back

Julius Gitau Ndungu on 11/29/2013 7:07:40 PM says:

i registered for m-pesa sms confirmed my successful registration but to this day nothing has happened. i regret having entered into safaricom mess coz av never received any divided. design to continue

samwel kiplangat kirui on 12/4/2013 8:56:45 AM says:

Dividendend for the year 2012 have not been posted and the other people have already gotten theirs
ID-7698038

Elizabeth Gathoni Njuguna on 1/8/2014 10:57:54 PM says:

i only received part  safaricom dividends for the year 2013 amounting to kshs.972/= through mpesa.how do i get the rest of shares?

Charles Wakaba on 1/27/2014 9:58:21 AM says:

Hi, how can i claim Safaricom dividendsfor past years?
Also for KenGen

lucy njoki kimani on 2/7/2014 12:58:45 PM says:

HAVE NOT RECEIVED DIVIDEND FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS.
I.D NO 3094642
PHONE 0722785697

JOSEPH ARUM OLWERU on 2/12/2014 9:59:21 AM says:

JOSEPH ARUM OLWERU on 2/12/2014 10:02:29 AM says:

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED SAFARICOM DIVIDENDS FOR THE YEARS 2012/2013, PLEASE SEND THE MONEY TO MY M-PESA ACCOUNT. 0721679918

rosekathure on 3/13/2014 12:13:53 PM says:

How can I get  my divided for the last previous years .I,ave got once for the year 2014 since i bought the shares .kindly advise,thanks in andvance

abdikadir ali koricha on 3/31/2014 1:46:45 PM says:

Kindly advise how i can lay a claim to my Safaricom dividends via M-PESA, never received dividend since IPO offer purchase, I've been abroad for sometimes. please!!!!!!

abdikadir ali koricha on 3/31/2014 1:53:37 PM says:

lydiah wanjiku on 4/24/2014 1:47:23 PM says:

i lost my cds account what should i do and i want to sell my shares

Peter Njiraini on 6/27/2014 10:17:48 AM says:

I have not been receiving my dividend since I registered to receive by MPESA . Where are my dividends. I notice we are many and that make me a worried investor. I hope you will help me pliz.

Hellen N.K. Ma charia on 7/24/2014 11:58:22 AM says:

Hi. Have you issued out the dividends for 2013 and 2014. please use my mpesa account.  Thank you.

Everline Chepkorir Chepkwony on 8/7/2014 10:33:58 AM says:

Please pay my dividends via M-PESA

Leave Comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
You have 255 characters remaining

Visual verification